GUARDIAN.CO.TT ("Site" or "Company") offers you a wide range of products and services ("Materials" or "Services") via this web site. Please review the following terms that govern your use of the Site. Please be advised that your use of this web site constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the following Terms and Conditions.
Attention: This Site and these Terms and Conditions may be changed by GUARDIAN.CO.TT with or without notice. Please review this link on a regular basis for changes. Continued use of this web site following any change constitutes your acceptance of the change.
Terms and Conditions
The Publishers, while endeavouring to ensure that advertisements shall appear with all possible regularity, will not be held liable for any loss occasioned by typographical errors or by the failure of any advertisements to appear from any cause whatsoever. No refund will be given on classified advertisements which are cancelled after the first publication.
All advertisements are subject to to the approval of the Classifieds Department of the Guardian Media Group.
Use of Materials
You expressly consent to our collection, transfer, storage, use and disclosure of your User Information, inside and outside of our servers, to Guardian Media Limited. We reserve the right to use your User Information for purposes of gathering marketing information and performing statistical analyses of Website user preferences and characteristics.
Use of User Information: You agree that we may use your User Information in the usual course of business, to provide a means for Guardian Media Limited to answer your questions, comments, letters, messages and/or requests, and advertise promotions or contests. You further authorize and give permission to Guardian Media Limited associated with the Website to respond to your questions, comments, letters, messages and/or requests. Unless we tell you otherwise, Guardian Media Limited will use the information for the purpose that the information was provided; namely to register for a subscription to the website. For example:
- Subscriptions. We offer a subscription to the Classifieds Section of the Guardian website. In order to register for a subscription, we might require that you register online. All visitors under the age of 13 must gain permission from a parent or guardian prior to completing their online registration. During the registration process, we collect information necessary to identify our users. We also may use the email address that you provide to send you subscription offers and/or updates.
- E-mail Newsletters. If you are over the age of 13, some of our pages permit you to register to receive e-mail newsletters or updates in the future by providing your e-mail address. Any e-mail that you receive from Guardian.co.tt will allow you to change your preference or “unsubscribe” at any time.
Disclosure of User Information: You agree that GSP may disclose your User Information to enforce our policies, protect anyone’s rights, property or safety, respond to legal requests, and share such information with third parties as permitted by law, including marketing and merchandising affiliates.
Account Protection: Your username and password are the keys to your Guardian Classifieds account. Please use unique numbers, letters, and special characters and do not disclose your Guardian.co.tt password to anyone. If you share your password or User Information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your User Information. If your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately send written notice to firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of User Information: Guardian Media Limited provides you with the means to access and update, your user information. We reserve the right to modify your User Information as needed to verify your identity.
Safeguards and Security: Guardian.co.tt shall store all User Information and protect such information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of such information. Despite these protections, you hereby acknowledge the risk and possibility that unauthorized third parties could illegally “hack” into, abuse and/or misuse your User Information. Accordingly, you release Guardian Media Limited and all related entities from any and all liability associated with third parties illegally accessing or misappropriating your User Information. We ask that you help protect your User Information by never giving out your password, logging off of your computer and/or closing your Internet browser when you finish visiting the Website or other web pages.
Termination and Agreement Components
Guardian Media Limited may terminate this agreement at any time without notice.
Please note that Guardian Media Limited is not responsible for the accuracy or content of the website's of other providers which may have links from this website. In creating hyperlinks to any other website, Guardian Media is not recommending that website nor giving any assurances to its standing.
Copyright and Trademark Notice
This site is protected by copyright and trademark law. Guardian is not the sole author of the information contained on the website. You cannot copy the materials found on this site. You cannot modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute in any manner, the material on the site, including text, graphics, code and/or software.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You expressly understand and agree that:
- Your use of the service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Guardian.co.tt expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- Guardian.co.tt makes no warranty that (i) the service will meet your requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the software will be corrected.
- Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the service is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
- No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Guardian.co.tt or through or from the service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the tos.
- You expressly understand and agree that Guardian.co.tt shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Guardian Media Limited has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; or (v) any other matter relating to the service.
Limitation of Liability
You assume all responsibility and risk for the use of this server and the Internet generally. We disclaim all warranties/representations express or implied with regard to any information accessed from or via this server or the Internet. We do not assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information, newsletter, product or process disclosed on the server. All information contained on this site is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind either express or implied - such information is not intended to provide any banking, financial, investment, tax, legal or accounting advice and therefore should not be relied upon by you in that context. This web site may contain forward-looking statements about the operations, objectives and strategies of Guardian Media Limited. Forward-looking statements are typically identified by the words "believe", "expect", "anticipate", "intend", "estimate", and other similar expressions. These statements are subject to risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ due to a variety of factors, including legislative or regulatory development, competition, technological change, global capital market activity, interest rates and general economic conditions internationally. This list is not exhaustive of the factors that may affect any of Guardian Media's forward-looking statements.
These and other factors should be considered carefully and readers should not place undue reliance on Guardian Media's forward-looking statements. Guardian Media makes no representations whatsoever about any other web site which you may access through this one. When you access a non-Guardian web site, please understand that it is independent from Guardian Media, and that Guardian Media has no control over the content on that web site. In addition, a link to a non-Guardian web site does not mean that Guardian Media endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or use, of such web site. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses and other items of a destructive nature.We shall not be liable for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from the use of the site, this server or the Internet generally.
This site as well as the terms and conditions of use are governed by the laws of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.
If you have any questions regarding the Terms and Conditions for this web site, please contact us.